1Sony talked about the upcoming PlayStation
Wired has announced the first details about the upcoming PlayStation console by Sony. The publication spoke with the architect Mark Zern, who was engaged in the creation of consoles PS Vita and PS4. This is what is already known about the next generation of Sony devices (there is no official name yet) – and this is what foreign gaming journalists think about it. In short: the money should be put off now.
Wired has announced the first details about the new Sony PlayStation console. The publication spoke with the architect Mark Zern, who was engaged in the creation of consoles PS Vita and PS4. This is what is already known about the next generation of Sony devices (there is no official name yet) – and this is what foreign gaming journalists think about it. In short: the money should be put off now.
Read knowledge base article about proxy settings in Kali Linux.
- It is planned that the new PlayStation will support video games in 8K resolution. Now only a few games on PS4 Pro, a more powerful version of the usual PS4, are in the real 4K. Typically, developers set a lower resolution (for example, 2880 × 1620) to improve performance in the game.
- Inside, a new generation of devices has a special version of the powerful GPU of the Radeon Navi family with support for raytracing — realistic ray tracking (affects how the light is reflected and refracted in the game). On current consoles this is not possible due to technical limitations.
- The eight-core processor of the console is based on the processors of the new, third-generation AMD Ryzen (working on the 7-nanometer Zen 2 architecture).
- The next PlayStation console will receive special embedded SSDs. They will help speed up the loading levels in video games. At the presentation, held for the journalist Wired, the game Spider-Man (2018) booted in 0.8 seconds instead of 15.
- Superior sound! According to Cernius, its processing has hardly changed since the PS3 released in 2006. Now players will be able to calculate the direction from which the opponent approaches them in the direction of the sound.
- Cerny promised that on the new console it will be possible to launch games from PS4. Released in 2016, the VR VR virtual reality glasses are also compatible with the next PlayStation.
- Sony has already sent out test prototypes to video game developers. And soon will send even more.
- Despite rumors about the rejection of physical media, the new PlayStation will still have a disk drive.
- The next model PlayStation will not be released in 2019.
- It is not yet known how much the console will cost. The journalist Wired did not get specific numbers from Cernie. However, the architect said that the ratio of price and power of the console will satisfy the players.