Let us discuss about performing browser autopwn that how this module works. This auxiliary module used for performing client-side attacks. Now we need to explore how this module works. Following are steps of browser autopwn.
- Attacker/Penetration Tester executes the browser_autopwn auxiliary module.
- Web server is started (on the attacker’s system), which hosts a payload which is accessible over a specific crafted URL.
- Attacker sends specially generated URL to his/her victim.
- When victim tries to open URL, and the payload gets downloaded on his system.
- If the victim’s browser is vulnerable, the exploit will be successful and the attacker gets a meterpreter shell.
First launch Metasploit using msfconsole command then select the browser_autopwn module by entering the use auxiliary/server/browser_autopwn command. Learn bypassing antivirus programs here.
Then, configure the value of the LHOST variable and run the auxiliary module as you can see in the following screenshot:
After Launching the browser autopwn auxiliary module it will create many different instances of exploit/payload combinations as the victim might be using any kind of browser:
When our victim opened up an Internet Explorer/browser and tried to hit the malicious URL http://192.168.44.134:8080 (that we setup using the browser_autopwn auxiliary module) and we will get a meterpreter shell. The ultimate output is shown below.
Thanks for reading now let me recommend you some other practical guides about penetration testing of Remote Access Protocols, Remote Desktop Protocol, SSH Network Protocol, Network Routers, WordPress website using WPSeku,